I had assorted plastic hangers obtained from shops, you know the type and the noise they make.
Then during the celtic tiger years and after seeing an Anthea Turner or similar woman on tv who had decluttered down to a capsule wardrobe hung on wooden hangers, you know the type and the noise that they make. I was immpressed and stated adding a pack of 5 wooden hangers to my weekly shopping at Dunnes and the change over was complete after a few months and it was lovely. We moved to our house and our bedroom wardrobe space dwindled considerably. I saw an infomercial about super thin velvet covered hangers that increase you hanging space drasticily and prevented silk item slippage ( remember the day you realised that all your silk items were in actual fact polyester ). Well I'm making the change after buying a rake load of super thin velvet hangers in TKMaxx (the add didn't mention that they make no noise ) I'm tying up stacks of wooden hangers to put in my attic hope chest till we buy our big family house someday. I still have some sentimental plastic hangers though from when I cleared out my clothes loving grandmothers wardrobe after she died, I'm passing them down and in the meantime I can rattle them around.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment